Pizza Biscuits Recipe
For fast appetizers or after-school munchies, fix a batch of these zippy bites from Angie Marquart of Bellville, Ohio. They're covered with onion, seasoned tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese. Add whatever pizza toppings you like.
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Pour butter into a 9-in. square baking dish; set aside. In a bowl, combine the tomato sauce, onion, oil, garlic, basil and oregano. Cut each biscuit into four wedges; dip into tomato mixture.
- 2. Place in prepared pan; pour any remaining tomato mixture over top. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
1 each: 99 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 317mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Pizza Biscuits
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC