Pita Burgers Recipe
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 6 whole pita breads
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the onion, garlic and seasonings; crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the lettuce, cucumber, yogurt and sesame seeds. Top each burger with lettuce mixture; serve with pita breads. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 409 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 731mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein.
Reviews for Pita Burgers
"Kind of has a 'falafal' taste to it, only with a burger....I don't necessarily follow every aspect of the recipe, but certainly follow the idea behind it!"
"I didn'tlike this at all. Sorry."
"Doesn't taste like gyros but a good combination of flavors."