Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut into strips
- 2 slices Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, cut into strips
- 2 slices provolone cheese, cut into strips
- 28 slices pepperoni
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 16-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Cover with plastic wrap; let rest for 10 minutes.
- Arrange cheese strips and pepperoni evenly over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Remove to a wire rack. Cut into slices; serve warm.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 6, 2019
I use this bread recipe, make shaved steak and cheese and glaze the top with the recipe from ground beef and pepperoni stromboli. Amazing. This dough is amazing
Feb 18, 2011
Nicely done recipe and the variations are endless.