VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut into strips
- 2 slices Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, cut into strips
- 2 slices provolone cheese, cut into strips
- 28 slices pepperoni
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 16-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Cover with plastic wrap; let rest for 10 minutes.
- Arrange cheese strips and pepperoni evenly over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Remove to a wire rack. Cut into slices; serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Pit-Stop Stromboli in Taste of Home February/March 2007, p49
Reviews forPit-Stop Stromboli
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2011
"Nicely done recipe and the variations are endless."