- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1-3/4 cups whipped topping
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter, sugar and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat until mixture is smooth and shiny. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Immediately cut a slit in each puff to allow steam to escape; cool. Split puffs; remove soft dough from inside with a fork. Prepare pudding according to package directions for pie; fold in whipped topping. Spoon into cream puffs. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews forPistachio Puffs
"These were delicious"
"these puffs taste very good however, something went wrong. They rose really good in the oven but when I slit them open on the cooling rack they went flat. I actually tried them again but the same thing happened. what did I do wrong? or was it a flaw in the recipe? Also there was too much filling, probably because the puffs were so flat that I could not get much filling in. I've tried the recipe twice, and still has some filling left over. I will try again to use up the remaining filling."