Pistachio Orange Drops
These shaped sugar cookies are topped with melted chocolate and chopped pistachios, making them a pretty treat for special occasions.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 4-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and mix well. Set aside 3 tablespoons pistachios for topping; stir remaining pistachios and orange zest into dough.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 1-1.2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip each cookie halfway, allowing excess to drip off. Dip in reserved pistachios. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 175 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 89mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.