VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and mix well. Set aside 3 tablespoons pistachios for topping; stir remaining pistachios and orange peel into dough.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 1-1.2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip each cookie halfway, allowing excess to drip off. Dip in reserved pistachios. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Pistachio Orange Drops in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p73