Pistachio Orange Asparagus
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 6 tablespoons coarsely chopped pistachios
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- Dash pepper
- In a saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Place asparagus in a steamer basket over water; cover and steam for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Place asparagus on a serving platter and keep warm.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook pistachios in butter for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add orange juice and zest; heat through. Pour over asparagus. Sprinkle with pepper.
Nutrition Facts4 each: 135 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 31, 2014
WOW! found a true "keeper"...used it on Christmas and had everyone rave...even "I don't like asparagus" people said they loved it. Used "baby" (pencil size) asparagus...and added a bit of "Cutie" tangerine juice...
Mar 22, 2013
I loved this simple but delicious recipe,used less butter and subbed sliced almonds for pistachios. will definitely make again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.