Pistachio Mallow Salad
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 1 carton (16 ounces) whipped topping
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 6 to 7 drops green food coloring, optional
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 can (20 ounces) DOLE pineapple tidbits, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios or walnuts
- Additional whipped topping, optional
- In a large bowl, combine whipped topping, pudding mix and food coloring if desired. Fold in the marshmallows and pineapple. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, top with additional whipped topping if desired, sprinkle with nuts.
Apr 5, 2020
I've been making this salad for years! It's always been called "Fluff". I like to use colored marshmallows for extra color. So quick and easy. Always on the table for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Mar 4, 2020
Made this dessert last year and it was a hit, making again for St. Paddy's day...yum
Feb 18, 2020
Always knew this as Watergate salad as well, but mu recipe also has coconut in it. YUMMO!!
Jun 29, 2019
This is a favorite in my family. My Nana used to tell us that it was called “Watergate Salad” because it was invented at the Watergate Hotel.
Jun 16, 2019
Any idea why it was called Watergate Salad? Haven't had this in years and looking forward to introducing my family to it.
May 19, 2019
I have made this for years. I do not add the food coloring nor the additional nuts. I also use a smaller can of pineapple. It is one of the side dishes I serve at all holiday meals.
May 19, 2019
The original name for this salad is WATERGATE SALAD.
May 12, 2019
Ah, good old Watergate salad. Been making this for decades. Old recipe but good.
Apr 19, 2019
Yes this is what was "Watergate salad", but it is very good. I make it with everything sugar-free for less calories. My family never was the wiser till they grew-up and used their own ingredients. Still make it today for any time of the year.
Mar 17, 2019
Ok Debby Downer