Pistachio Ice Cream Dessert Recipe
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 packages (1.4 ounces each) Heath candy bars, crushed
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press into an ungreased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 325° for 7-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Stir in ice cream; pour over crust. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- 3. Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with crushed candy bars. Cover and freeze for 1 hour or until firm. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 364 calories, 20g fat (13g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 352mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Pistachio Ice Cream Dessert
"I just made this for a get together, and everyone loved it. It is easy to make in advance, and delicious. I used vanilla wafers for the crust. Will make again!!"
"I used 1 cup of milk with 2 pkg's of instant pudding and used a 9 x 13 pan. easy to make and very good."
"I double all ingredients and put it in a jelly roll pan. Made this again today for a houseful of company,"
"One of my favorite company desserts. So great to have in the freezer and everyone in impressed and asks for the recipe!"
"This got high praises at a luncheon as very refreshing and delicous."
"This is delicious! I have made this a few times substituting with different ice creams and different flavored puddings and even using different candy bars. All have turned out well. It is easy to make so have fun with it!!"
"Even if people think they won't like this dessert, I haven't given it to ANYONE who doesn't LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT. I always make it and give the recipe to lots of people. I'm making it now to leave in the freezer with the recipe to the new people who bought our house."
"This is one of my favorite desserts to make. However, I use Lorna Doone cookies instead of the crackers."
"i woulg like to know if l double the pudding and milk should l double the icecream"