After a search for the perfect granola, I found this recipe and tweaked it just a little for my taste. Enjoy it as a crunchy topping on your yogurt or give it away as a thoughtful homemade gift. — Candy Summerhill, Alexander, Arkansas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min. + cooling
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup Cheerios
- 2/3 cup pistachios, chopped
- 2/3 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup dried apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, toast oats over medium heat until golden brown. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, cook and stir brown sugar and apple cider over medium-low heat until brown sugar is dissolved, about 1-2 minutes. Add cinnamon and salt; stir to combine.
- Stir in the cereal, pistachios, fruits, sunflower kernels and reserved oats until coated. Cool. Store in an airtight container.