After a search for the perfect granola, I found this recipe and tweaked it just a little for my taste. Enjoy it as a crunchy topping on your yogurt or give it away as a thoughtful homemade gift. —Candy Summerhill, Alexander, Arkansas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min. + cooling
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup Cheerios
- 2/3 cup pistachios, chopped
- 2/3 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup dried apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- In a large skillet, toast oats over medium heat until golden brown. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, cook and stir brown sugar and apple cider over medium-low heat until brown sugar is dissolved, about 1-2 minutes. Add cinnamon and salt; stir to combine.
- Stir in the cereal, pistachios, fruits, sunflower kernels and reserved oats until coated. Cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 233 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Pistachio Granola in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.