Pineapple, maraschino cherries and mandarin oranges complement the pistachio pudding in this cloud-like concoction that's perfect for a holiday buffet. "This is a jazzed-up version of a recipe my mother gave me," says Ann Sloane of Greendale, Wisconsin.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups 1% cottage cheese
- 4 cups fat-free reduced-sugar vanilla yogurt, divided
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup halved maraschino cherries
- In a food processor, combine cottage cheese and 1 cup yogurt; cover and process until smooth.
- Place remaining yogurt in a large bowl. Add pudding mix; whisk for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add cottage cheese mixture; mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients. Refrigerate until serving.