Pistachio Fig Tartlets
Our family and friends love figs, pistachios and blue cheese. So one day I decided to combine those ingredients in a simple-to-prepare appetizer. The results were delicious!—Kathleen Boulanger, Williston, Vermont
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup chopped dried figs
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (1.9 ounces) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon thawed apple juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pistachios
- Additional pistachios, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the figs, brown sugar, bacon and butter. Spoon into tart shells.
- In another bowl, beat the cheeses, confectioners' sugar and apple juice concentrate until blended. Stir in chopped pistachios; dollop over tartlets. Sprinkle with additional pistachios if desired. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 106 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Fig, Pistachio & Blue Cheese Tarts in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2010