Pistachio-Crusted Salmon with Rainbow Vegetable Cream
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup onion and garlic salad croutons
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each), about 1 inch thick
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 cups julienned fresh carrots
- 1-1/2 cups julienned yellow summer squash
- 1-1/2 cups julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup radishes, halved and finely sliced
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Pulse croutons and pistachios in a food processor until finely chopped. Whisk egg white with water. Pat salmon fillets dry; dip in egg white, then roll in crouton-pistachio mixture. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Meanwhile, combine cream cheese, lemon juice, dill and capers until well blended.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add carrots, squash, pepper and salt; cook and stir until tender and lightly caramelized, 6-8 minutes. Remove.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add salmon; cook 1 minute on each side until golden brown. Place skillet in oven; bake until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 8-10 minutes. Serve vegetables with salmon; top with sauce. Sprinkle with radishes. If desired, serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet with 3 tablespoons sauce and 3/4 cup vegetables: 550 calories, 37g fat (9g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 722mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 38g protein.
May 26, 2019
We liven in salmon fishing country so always looking for something different. This was delicious, radishes and peppers were omitted. But served with steamed spinach. We will make this again, but check the ingredients to buy before making this again.
Sep 18, 2016
This was such a delicious, easy meal. The cream cheese sauce really gives the salmon a nice flavor and I will make another batch of it with the remaining 4 oz. to spread on my bagel in the morning. Next time I make this recipe, though, I will probably cook my veggies in a separate skillet while the salmon is in the oven so that they are finished at the same time. Thank you for sharing!
Aug 20, 2016
Wow is this a delicious meal! I omitted the capers because I'm allergic, but the sauce was still tasty. It makes a beautiful presentation for company as well. I served small baked red potatoes on the side and that was a nice compliment to the other flavors. Thanks for this wonderful variation!