Pistachio-Crusted Salmon with Rainbow Vegetable Cream
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup onion and garlic salad croutons
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each), about 1 inch thick
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 cups julienned fresh carrots
- 1-1/2 cups julienned yellow summer squash
- 1-1/2 cups julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup radishes, halved and finely sliced
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Pulse croutons and pistachios in a food processor until finely chopped. Whisk egg white with water. Pat salmon fillets dry; dip in egg white, then roll in crouton-pistachio mixture. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Meanwhile, combine cream cheese, lemon juice, dill and capers until well blended.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large ovenproof skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add carrots, squash, peppers and salt; cook and stir until tender and lightly caramelized, 6-8 minutes. Remove.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add salmon; cook 1 minute on each side until golden brown. Place skillet in oven; bake until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, about 8-10 minutes. Serve vegetables with salmon; top with sauce. Sprinkle with radishes. If desired, serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet with 3 tablespoons sauce and 3/4 cup vegetables: 550 calories, 37g fat (9g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 722mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 38g protein.
Sep 18, 2016
This was such a delicious, easy meal. The cream cheese sauce really gives the salmon a nice flavor and I will make another batch of it with the remaining 4 oz. to spread on my bagel in the morning. Next time I make this recipe, though, I will probably cook my veggies in a separate skillet while the salmon is in the oven so that they are finished at the same time. Thank you for sharing!
Aug 20, 2016
Wow is this a delicious meal! I omitted the capers because I'm allergic, but the sauce was still tasty. It makes a beautiful presentation for company as well. I served small baked red potatoes on the side and that was a nice compliment to the other flavors. Thanks for this wonderful variation!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.