Pistachio-Crusted Salmon Cakes
It takes only half an hour to give salmon patties glamour. These time-saving fish cakes get a rich, buttery crunch from ground pistachio nuts. —Mary Lou Timpson, Colorado City, Arizona
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 pounds salmon fillets
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup coarsely ground pistachios
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Lime wedges
- In a large nonstick skillet, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Reduce heat; add fillets and poach, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove from pan and cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, mustard, lime zest, salt and pepper. Shred salmon with two forks; fold into bread crumb mixture. Shape into eight patties. Coat both sides with pistachios.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook patties in oil in batches for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 538 calories, 38g fat (6g saturated fat), 137mg cholesterol, 507mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 37g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.