Pistachio-Crusted Salmon Cakes
It takes only half an hour to give salmon patties glamour. These time-saving fish cakes get a rich, buttery crunch from ground pistachio nuts. —Mary Lou Timpson, Colorado City, Arizona
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 pounds salmon fillets
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup coarsely ground pistachios
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Lime wedges
- In a large nonstick skillet, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Reduce heat; add fillets and poach, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove from pan and cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, mustard, lime zest, salt and pepper. Shred salmon with two forks; fold into bread crumb mixture. Shape into eight patties. Coat both sides with pistachios.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook patties in oil in batches for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 538 calories, 38g fat (6g saturated fat), 137mg cholesterol, 507mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 37g protein.
Originally published as Pistachio-Crusted Salmon Cakes in Country Woman December/January 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.