Pistachio-Crusted Fried Fish
This nut-crusted fish from our Test Kitchen home economists is so much better than ordinary breaded fish. Pistachios give it great color.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 pounds whitefish or cod fillets
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Place flour and milk in separate shallow bowls. Dip fillets in flour, then in milk; coat with pistachio mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 363 calories, 20g fat (3g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 344mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Originally published as Pistachio-Crusted Fried Fish in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.