- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 pounds whitefish or cod fillets
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Place flour and milk in separate shallow bowls. Dip fillets in flour, then in milk; coat with pistachio mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add fish. Cook until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 4-5 minutes on each side.
3 ounces cooked fish: 325 calories, 18g fat (2g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 fat, 1 starch.