Pistachio-Crusted Fried Fish
This nut-crusted fish from our Test Kitchen home economists is so much better than ordinary breaded fish. Pistachios give it great color.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 pounds whitefish or cod fillets
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Place flour and milk in separate shallow bowls. Dip fillets in flour, then in milk; coat with pistachio mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 363 calories, 20g fat (3g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 344mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Pistachio-Crusted Fried Fish in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2006