Pistachio Cranberry Orzo
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Marsala wine or additional chicken broth
- Dash salt and pepper
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, saute shallot in oil and butter for 1 minute. Add the pistachios; saute for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Stir in the cranberries, cream, broth and wine. Cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Drain orzo; add to cranberry mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 422 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Dec 13, 2014
Positively delicious - I make this side dish all the time now and it's super easy to make!
Mar 16, 2014
This is an absolutely fabulous side dish! I actually triple or quadruple the recipe and bring it to dinner parties cause no one else has such a unique dish! Definitely a keeper!
Jan 28, 2012
Dear gods this was MAGNIFICENT!!!! I will make this again and again and again!!!
Jun 19, 2011
HUGE hit at a girlfriends' luncheon. I inadvertently added my diced poached chicken breasts to this dish and we loved it. All asked for the recipe. Yummy warm or at room temp. Woodsy in W. Bend, WI