Pistachio Cranberry Orzo
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Marsala wine or additional chicken broth
- Dash salt and pepper
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, saute shallot in oil and butter for 1 minute. Add the pistachios; saute for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Stir in the cranberries, cream, broth and wine. Cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Drain orzo; add to cranberry mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 422 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Dec 13, 2014
Positively delicious - I make this side dish all the time now and it's super easy to make!
Mar 16, 2014
This is an absolutely fabulous side dish! I actually triple or quadruple the recipe and bring it to dinner parties cause no one else has such a unique dish! Definitely a keeper!
Jan 28, 2012
Dear gods this was MAGNIFICENT!!!! I will make this again and again and again!!!
Jun 19, 2011
HUGE hit at a girlfriends' luncheon. I inadvertently added my diced poached chicken breasts to this dish and we loved it. All asked for the recipe. Yummy warm or at room temp. Woodsy in W. Bend, WI
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.