Pistachio-Cranberry Biscotti for a Crowd
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup pistachios
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- Combine flour and baking powder; pour into a wide-mouth 1-qt. glass container with a tight-fitting lid. Sprinkle cinnamon around edge of container. Layer with 1/3 cup sugar, pistachios and cranberries, packing each layer tightly (do not mix). Pour remaining sugar down the center. Cover and store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.
- To prepare biscotti: In a large bowl, beat butter and eggs. Gradually stir in biscotti mix (dough will be sticky). Chill for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough in half. On an ungreased baking sheet, shape each half into a 10x2-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until firm. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in.-thick slices. Place cut side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes. Turn and bake 5-6 minutes longer or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 183 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Mar 10, 2009
Not sure what I did differently - but the dough after baking was really dry when cutting to bake twice. The taste is great though. Perhaps adding vanilla? Still smiling ; }
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.