Pistachio-Cranberry Biscotti for a Crowd
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup pistachios
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- Combine flour and baking powder; pour into a wide-mouth 1-qt. glass container with a tight-fitting lid. Sprinkle cinnamon around edge of container. Layer with 1/3 cup sugar, pistachios and cranberries, packing each layer tightly (do not mix). Pour remaining sugar down the center. Cover and store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.
- To prepare biscotti: In a large bowl, beat butter and eggs. Gradually stir in biscotti mix (dough will be sticky). Chill for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough in half. On an ungreased baking sheet, shape each half into a 10x2-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until firm. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in.-thick slices. Place cut side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes. Turn and bake 5-6 minutes longer or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 183 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 10, 2009
Not sure what I did differently - but the dough after baking was really dry when cutting to bake twice. The taste is great though. Perhaps adding vanilla? Still smiling ; }