Pistachio Cookie Dessert Recipe
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. Place cookies in a blender; cover and process until fine crumbs form. Stir in butter. Set aside 1 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Gradually add ice cream. Fold in whipped topping.
- 3. Spread over crust. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over top, pressing down lightly. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 cup: 446 calories, 25g fat (14g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 459mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Pistachio Cookie Dessert
"This is a great recipe for any time of the year! The addition of pistachio pudding gives it a real twist. We opted to use Golden Oreos. It turned out fabulous! As a volunteer field for Taste of Home magazine, I enjoy working with classic recipes that use new flavors."