Pistachio Cookie Dessert
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Place cookies in a blender; cover and process until fine crumbs form. Stir in butter. Set aside 1 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Gradually add ice cream. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread over crust. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over top, pressing down lightly. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 446 calories, 25g fat (14g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 459mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 13, 2016
This is a great recipe for any time of the year! The addition of pistachio pudding gives it a real twist. We opted to use Golden Oreos. It turned out fabulous! As a volunteer field for Taste of Home magazine, I enjoy working with classic recipes that use new flavors.