Pistachio Chocolate Macarons Recipe
Traditional macarons are confections made with egg whites, sugar and almonds. Our Test Kitchen's version calls for pistachios and features a luscious chocolate filling.
- 3 large egg whites
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup pistachios
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- CHOCOLATE FILLING:
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. Let egg whites stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Pulse confectioners' sugar and pistachios in a food processor until powdery.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Add salt to egg whites; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff peaks form. Fold in pistachio mixture.
- 3. Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; insert a star tip. Transfer pistachio mixture to bag. Pipe 1-in. diameter cookies 1 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake until lightly browned and firm to the touch, 10-12 minutes. Cool completely on pans on wire racks.
- 4. Place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream and corn syrup just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Whisk in butter. Cool, stirring occasionally, to room temperature or until filling reaches a spreading consistency, about 45 minutes. Spread on the bottoms of half of the cookies; cover with remaining cookies. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 sandwich cookie: 160 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Pistachio Chocolate Macarons
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC