Coming from a family of pistachio producers, I've collected hundreds of recipes featuring these crisp, delicious green nuts. This is one of our favorites.—Malinda Moore Davies, Fesno, California
Recommended: The Best Cookies for Dunking
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 package (12 ounces) white baking chips
- 1-1/3 cups chopped pistachios, divided
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and oats; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips and 1 cup pistachios.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Lightly press remaining pistachios into cookies.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 9 dozen.
Originally published as Pistachio Chip Cookies in Taste of Home December/January 1996, p65
Reviews forPistachio Chip Cookies
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review