Pistachio-Cherry S’more Bars
Here’s a fun spin on campfire treats. The graham cracker crust and golden-toasted marshmallow topping surround a rich filling of chocolate, fruit and nuts in these yummy bars. Or feel free to add 3/4 cup coconut to filling if desired. I’m certain that St. Nick will give his jolly stamp of approval to these goodies. &mdashJeanne Holt, Mendota Heights, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup dried tart cherries, chopped
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. pan with foil, letting ends extend up sides; grease foil.
- Mix cracker crumbs, brown sugar and cinnamon; stir in butter. Press onto bottom of prepared pan. Sprinkle evenly with cherries, baking chips and pistachios. In a small bowl, mix milk and orange zest; drizzle over top.
- Bake 20 minutes. Top with marshmallows; bake until top is golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Lifting with foil, remove from pan. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 219 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 82mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Santa’s S’mores in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.