- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry cake and pudding mixes, water, oil and eggs. Beat on low speed for 1 minute. Pour into a greased 9-in. or 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine the glaze ingredients; drizzle over cake. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forPistachio Bundt Cake
"I've made this cake before using only 1 box of pistachio pudding. The second box of pudding puts extra special taste, texture and moistness into the cake. Baked in a Nordic Ware Classic Bundt pan. Baked 350 deg. exactly 60 min. The outer crust was nicely browned and slightly textured and the cake was perfectly baked. Next time I will try adding 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract as in my previous Pistachio Bundt cakes. I made this for Mom's 88th birthday. It has been her specialty all our lives and for her grandchildren as well. Mom loved it!"
"My daughter is in love with this cake!! Will definitely make this one again!"
"This is so easy to make and always is a crowd pleaser."
"This cake was good. It is not overwhelming with flavor. I topped the glaze with crushed pistachios."
"This cake was so easy to make. My husband loves it. I put a piece in his lunch box this morning and he called me and told me that he LOVED THIS cake!!! It is so moist and it almost like it has a pudding center. He told me to definitely put this recipe in my "favorite cakes" file. I will definitely make this again. Thnaks Taste of Home for such awesome recipes...."
"This cake was SO easy to make. I selected the recipe because I had the ingredients on hand - I was looking for a bundt recipe in which to try out my new Thanksgiving-themed bundt pan from Williams Sonoma. I didn't have pistachio pudding on hand, but I had pumpkin spice instant pudding instead, so I used that. It was EXTREMELY moist and very tasty. I would definitely like to try this with the pistachio - I bet it would be very pretty."
"The recipe has been modified. I think maybe because it was SO moist it could have been perceived as "undone". I still use the old one.....3 of the pudding mix and a full cup of oil. I also use white cake mix so the color of the cake is better. I add crushed pistachios to the cake mix and also sprinkle pistachios(crushed) onto the icing and drizzle chocolate on it also! It's really a pretty cake with these additions."