Pirate Ship Sandwich
Ship ahoy! This fun, flavorful, seafaring sandwich is easy to make and, more important, easy to pull apart and eat for young party guests! Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 small bunch romaine
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 loaf (1 pound) Italian bread, unsliced
- 10 slices Colby cheese
- 1/3 pound sliced deli turkey
- 1/3 pound sliced deli ham
- 1/3 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 3 pretzel rods
- Remove 3 outer leaves of romaine for sails; set aside. Chop remaining romaine; toss with dressing. Cut bread into 20 slices, leaving slices attached at the bottom. Between every other slice of bread, layer the cheese, turkey, ham, salami and romaine mixture.
- Poke two holes in each reserved lettuce leaf, one about two inches from the top and one about two inches from the bottom. Place a pretzel rod through both holes on each lettuce leaf forming a sail. Place sails in the sandwich.
- To serve, cut completely through the bread between the plain slices.