These meatballs, baked in a well-seasoned sauce, are always on the menu for our family's informal Christmas Eve get-togethers. Leftovers— if there are any— are a cinch to reheat in a slow cooker.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup dried parsley flakes
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- In a saucepan, combine cranberry sauce, chili sauce and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir until smooth. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the next nine ingredients; add beef and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour sauce over meatballs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until the meatballs are no longer pink and sauce is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 183 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 722mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Piquant Meatballs in Country Woman Christmas 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.