You don't have to be a magician to transform these spiced roll-ups into a pumpkin--a simple green onion and chervil garnish will do the trick. Tart apple is stirred into the creamy filling to salute the harvest season.
Recommended: 50 Easy Fall Baking Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup shredded peeled tart apple
- 4 sun-dried tomato tortillas (10 inches), room temperature
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 thin slices fully cooked ham
- Green onion pieces and fresh chervil sprigs
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, garlic, curry and mustard until blended. Stir in apple. Spread about 2 tablespoons over each tortilla. Layer with red pepper, onions and ham.
- Roll up tightly and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into 1-in. slices. Insert a piece of green onion and a sprig of chervil into the center of each pinwheel, forming a pumpkin stem and leaves. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Pinwheel Pumpkins in Ultimate Halloween 2014 2014, p45