Pinwheel Pizza Loaf
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + standing
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 6 thin slices deli ham
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over eggs and mix well. On a piece of heavy-duty foil, pat beef mixture into a 12x10-in. rectangle. Cover with ham and cheese to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and peeling away foil while rolling. Seal seam and ends.
- Place the loaf seam side down in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with pizza sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Sep 10, 2013
This was great and was a huge it at my son's party with his friends.
Jun 12, 2012
Not that good. There wasn't much flavor to it.
Nov 4, 2011
This was great! However, it did not turn out as the picture! I did use one less pound of beef though. 3 pounds sounded like way too much. My family loved it- it was great. I used to not like meat loaf. This version is pleasingly different.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.