Pinwheel Flank Steaks Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds beef flank steak
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Flatten steak to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine oil, vinegar, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon pepper and seasoned salt; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Combine bacon, garlic, parsley, onion, salt and remaining pepper; sprinkle over steak to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; tie with kitchen string at 1-in. intervals. Cut into six 1-1/4-in. rolls.
- 3. Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill steak rolls, uncovered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Cut and remove string before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Pinwheel Flank Steaks
"Everyone LOVED these! I prepped everything the day before as the meat needed to marinate and then put it together the following day for the BBQ. Fantastic flavors and easy to make. Highly recommend and we will definitely have often this summer!"
"My steaks turned out perfectly tender, but I found the marinade to be a bit overwhelming for my meat. I think if I make this in the future, I'll just take it easy on the pepper. I also used onion powder and garlic powder instead of onion and garlic in the rolls. They were very nice looking and fancy!"
"I wish the steaks were more tender."