Pinto Pepperoni Chili Recipe
- 1 pound dry pinto beans
- 4 cups water
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place the beans in a soup kettle or Dutch oven; add enough water to cover by 2 in. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 1 hour. Drain and discard liquid. Add 4 cups water and onion to the beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until beans are almost tender. Add remaining ingredients. Cook, uncovered for 3 hours or until thick and bubbly, stirring occasionally. Yield: 14 servings(3-1/2 quarts).
1 each: 231 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 649mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 10g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Pinto Pepperoni Chili
"My family loved this recipe! Going to make it again."