Pinto Bean Casserole
- 1 package (9 ounces) tortilla chips
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded lettuce, sour cream and salsa, optional
- 1. Crush tortilla chips and sprinkle into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the beans, corn, tomatoes, tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Pour over chips. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-25 minutes or until heated through. Serve with lettuce, sour cream and salsa if desired.
1 each: 374 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 1117mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 13g protein.
Nov 3, 2019Cooked it exactly per the recipe and did not like it. Was too dry and the chips added nothing to it. Will not make again.
Sep 4, 2019Loved Loved!!! This casserole! So easy and yummy! I was using it as a dip too! Definitely making it again! Thank you for sharing!
Jul 23, 2018I'm so glad to find a new way to prepare pinto beans! Love it!
Dec 31, 1969
We really enjoyed the casserole. I followed the recipe as written. I served it with the following toppings: shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, black olives, green onions, and sour cream.
Great for a quick meal !
Sep 19, 2015
Just pulled this out of oven. Couldnt wait for dinner to taste it. mMyself and hubby just had to take a bite. Smells really good, and it tastes yummy. I did add some onion and green chili to it .Great flavor . Will make again . Thanks for sharing.
Aug 28, 2015
This recipe needed something. Definitely sour cream, onions, black olives, green chilies. I just thought it a little bland at the way the recipe was written.
Mar 22, 2015
My husband and I just enjoyed this yummy dish for dinner. It is so easy to make too. Will be making this often at his request! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe.
Feb 15, 2013
I added a can of green chilies and eliminated the cheese, since I'm on a dairy-free diet. Instead, I put crushed french fried onions on top. Delicious!
Oct 29, 2012
very good added ro-tel and enchilada sauce yum
May 30, 2012
This recipe is delicious! Even my meat loving guys say I can serve it every week!