Pinto Bean Casserole Recipe
- 1 package (9 ounces) tortilla chips
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded lettuce, sour cream and salsa, optional
- 1. Crush tortilla chips and sprinkle into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the beans, corn, tomatoes, tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Pour over chips. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-25 minutes or until heated through. Serve with lettuce, sour cream and salsa if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 374 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 1117mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Pinto Bean Casserole
"This recipe needed something. Definitely sour cream, onions, black olives, green chilies. I just thought it a little bland at the way the recipe was written."
"I added a can of green chilies and eliminated the cheese, since I'm on a dairy-free diet. Instead, I put crushed french fried onions on top. Delicious!"
"very good added ro-tel and enchilada sauce yum"
"This recipe is delicious! Even my meat loving guys say I can serve it every week!"
"Great meal for the work week. It is so easy to put together and is so good. This is a recipe I will be making frequently."