- 1 package (9 ounces) tortilla chips
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded lettuce, sour cream and salsa, optional
- Crush tortilla chips and sprinkle into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the beans, corn, tomatoes, tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Pour over chips. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-25 minutes or until heated through. Serve with lettuce, sour cream and salsa if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forPinto Bean Casserole
"This recipe needed something. Definitely sour cream, onions, black olives, green chilies. I just thought it a little bland at the way the recipe was written."
"I added a can of green chilies and eliminated the cheese, since I'm on a dairy-free diet. Instead, I put crushed french fried onions on top. Delicious!"
"very good added ro-tel and enchilada sauce yum"
"This recipe is delicious! Even my meat loving guys say I can serve it every week!"
"Great meal for the work week. It is so easy to put together and is so good. This is a recipe I will be making frequently."