Pinto Bean and Rice Casserole
This casserole is quick and simple. It tastes great with tortilla chips.—Linda Emery, Bearden, Arkansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup mild or hot picante sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) Spanish rice
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean), cooked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Tortilla chips, optional
- In a 1-1/2-qt. casserole, combine the beans, picante sauce, rice, beef and half the cheese. Bake at 350°, uncovered, for about 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Serve with tortilla chips if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 482 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 1583mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Pinto Bean and Rice Casserole in Country Woman January/February 1992
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips