Pink Velvet Company Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 32 squares)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Pour milk into a large bowl; place mixer beaters in the bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter; mix well. Set aside 1/4 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in lemon juice and sugar. Cool to room temperature. Remove bowl from the refrigerator; beat milk until soft peaks form. Gradually add gelatin mixture, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold in lemon peel. Spoon into crust; sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Chill for at least 4 hours or until set. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 191 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Sep 18, 2012
I am 60 yrs. old today and my mother used to make this for my birthday. Mom passed away 20 yrs. ago and I haven't had it since. The recipe was in a paper cookbook I made for her in school. I was in 2nd grade. Feeling nostalgic today, I wanted to make it but can't find the cookbook. This sounds like the recipe. I'll let you know tomorrow.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.