- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 32 squares)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Pour milk into a large bowl; place mixer beaters in the bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter; mix well. Set aside 1/4 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in lemon juice and sugar. Cool to room temperature. Remove bowl from the refrigerator; beat milk until soft peaks form. Gradually add gelatin mixture, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold in lemon peel. Spoon into crust; sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Chill for at least 4 hours or until set. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forPink Velvet Company Pie
"I am 60 yrs. old today and my mother used to make this for my birthday. Mom passed away 20 yrs. ago and I haven't had it since. The recipe was in a paper cookbook I made for her in school. I was in 2nd grade. Feeling nostalgic today, I wanted to make it but can't find the cookbook. This sounds like the recipe. I'll let you know tomorrow."