Pinecone-Shaped Blue Cheese Spread
This savory pinecone is a blend of delicious cheeses and herbs. Topped with plenty of almonds, it makes an impressive and welcoming appetizer. —Kathy Johnson Council Bluffs, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups process cheese sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 cups unblanched almonds, toasted
- Fresh rosemary sprigs, optional
- Assorted crackers or fresh vegetables
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, cheese sauce and blue cheese until smooth. Stir in the onions, pimientos and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- On a serving platter, form cheese spread into a pinecone shape. Beginning at a narrow end, arrange almonds in rows. Garnish with rosemary if desired. Serve with crackers or vegetables.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 123 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 287mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Nutsnacker in Taste of Home December/January 2007