Pineapple Veggie Chicken
"Our family enjoys this microwaved medley of tender chicken, sweet pineapple, colorful peppers and crisp snow peas," relates Lori Hunter of Poca, West Virginia. "It's prepared in one dish so cleanup is a breeze," she adds.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 small green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, cut into eighths
- 1 cup fresh or frozen snow peas
- 1 jar (12 ounces) mushroom gravy
- 2 to 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Place chicken in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring twice. Drain; set chicken aside. In the same dish, combine the peppers, celery, onion and peas. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring once.
- Combine gravy, soy sauce and ginger; stir into the vegetables. Add pineapple and chicken. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through, stirring twice. Serve over rice if desired.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 223 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 974mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Pineapple Veggie Chicken in Quick Cooking May/June 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.