- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 small green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, cut into eighths
- 1 cup fresh or frozen snow peas
- 1 jar (12 ounces) mushroom gravy
- 2 to 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Place chicken in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring twice. Drain; set chicken aside. In the same dish, combine the peppers, celery, onion and peas. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring once.
- Combine gravy, soy sauce and ginger; stir into the vegetables. Add pineapple and chicken. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through, stirring twice. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPineapple Veggie Chicken
"The pineapple juice may be a better substitute; it could possibly save a step."
"What can you substitute for the gravy to make this recipe healthier?"