Pineapple Vanilla Cream Cheese Pie
"I love pineapple and use it in all kinds of recipes," pens Raydona Biles from her home in Clinton, Missouri. "Not too sweet and not too tangy, the mild pineapple flavor in this frosty dessert come through just right."
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (16 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup pineapple preserves
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the yogurt and preserves; pour into crust. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 376 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 221mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Cream Cheese Pineapple Pie in Quick Cooking July/August 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.