Pineapple Upside-Down Muffins
For a modern version of upside-down cake, we use pineapple and a sweet batter to make fun muffins with a cherry on top. —Suzeanne Longwill, Ortonville, Michigan
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 5 teaspoons brown sugar
- 18 to 20 maraschino cherries, halved
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice. Set pineapple aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk eggs, yogurt, oil and reserved pineapple juice. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in reserved pineapple.
- 3. Fill greased mini-muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle tops with brown sugar; top with halved cherries.
- 4. Bake 9-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Dec 17, 2017
Have made these for holiday parties and church potlucks. Taste just like pineapple upside cake. The yogurt keeps them moist.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC