- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 5 teaspoons brown sugar
- 18 to 20 maraschino cherries, halved
- Preheat oven to 400°. Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice. Set pineapple aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk eggs, yogurt, oil and reserved pineapple juice. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in reserved pineapple.
- Fill greased mini-muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle tops with brown sugar; top with halved cherries.
- Bake 9-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: about 3 dozen mini muffins or 10 regular muffins.
Reviews forPineapple Upside-Down Muffins
"Have made these for holiday parties and church potlucks. Taste just like pineapple upside cake. The yogurt keeps them moist."