Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 egg white
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup juice (discard or save remaining juice for another use). Line a 9-in. round baking pan with waxed paper; coat with cooking spray. Spread pineapple over waxed paper; sprinkle with gelatin.
- In a large bowl, beat egg substitute and egg white. Beat in the sugar, reserved pineapple juice and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; add to egg mixture and mix well. Pour over gelatin.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes; invert onto a serving plate. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 139 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Feb 25, 2010
I make this all the time for bake sales or school events. I make 6 cakes and all 6 sell fast for a good price every time. It is so easy to make and comes out of pan clean!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.