Pineapple Turkey Salad
"It never ceases to amaze me what you can do with fresh pineapple. I love it!" writes Stephanie Bremson, Kansas City, Missouri.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 turkey breast tenderloin (1/2 pound), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons apricot nectar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil, ginger and garlic. Add turkey; stir-fry for 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove turkey and keep warm. Add remaining oil to the skillet; stir-fry cauliflower for 3 minutes. Add red pepper and onions; stir-fry 1 minute longer.
- Cut pineapple in half and remove fruit, leaving 1-in. shells; set shells aside for serving. Cut fruit into cubes; set aside 1-1/2 cups (refrigerate remaining pineapple for another use). In a large bowl, combine the turkey, vegetables, spinach and reserved pineapple. In a small bowl, whisk the apricot nectar, vinegar and pepper; add to turkey salad and toss to coat. Serve in pineapple shells.
Nutrition Facts2-1/4 cups: 342 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 30g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.