VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 turkey breast tenderloin (1/2 pound), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons apricot nectar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil, ginger and garlic. Add turkey; stir-fry for 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove turkey and keep warm. Add remaining oil to the skillet; stir-fry cauliflower for 3 minutes. Add red pepper and onions; stir-fry 1 minute longer.
- Cut pineapple in half and remove fruit, leaving 1-in. shells; set shells aside for serving. Cut fruit into cubes; set aside 1-1/2 cups (refrigerate remaining pineapple for another use). In a large bowl, combine the turkey, vegetables, spinach and reserved pineapple. In a small bowl, whisk the apricot nectar, vinegar and pepper; add to turkey salad and toss to coat. Serve in pineapple shells. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Turkey Salad in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p53