- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1-1/2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 to 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Dissolve yeast in water. Add milk, butter, sugar, salt, eggs and 1-1/3 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough of the remaining flour to form a soft dough. On a floured board knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan. Add remaining filling ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; cool. Punch dough down; divide in half. Roll each half into a 15-in. x 12-in. rectangle; spread with filling. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with long side. Slice into 1-in. rolls. Place with cut side down into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Cool. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over rolls. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forPineapple Sweet Rolls
"Absolutely delicious!!!! Makes quite a lot of mix though - might half it when making again. Tried making the dough in a bread machine and it turned out runny - i had to add loads of flour into it!!! Turned out as a 4-5lb loaf in the end!!!"
"This is a wonderful recipe and is often requested by friends. I also make them for our annual fundraiser. They are always the first to go."