Pineapple Sweet Potato Boats
Crushed pineapple adds a tasty twist to these twice-baked sweet potatoes. Mini-marshmallows can be used in place of the pineapple if you prefer.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 8 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, ginger and allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 12-14 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a large bowl, mash the pulp. Add the crushed pineapple, butter, salt, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and nutmeg; mix well. Spoon into sweet potato shells.
- Place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with pineapple tidbits and brown sugar. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Boats in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2006