Pineapple Sweet Potato Bake
Thanksgiving just wouldn't be the sane without this fruity casserole. I think you'll agree it's an attractive addition to any autumn meal.
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 6 large sweet potato (about 4-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (20 ounces) DOLE pineapple chunks
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 16 maraschino cherries
- Ground cinnamon
- Place sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven or large kettle and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-45 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool slightly. Peel and cut each potato lengthwise into quarters; cut each quarter into two or three wedges. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Sprinkle pineapple over potatoes. In a saucepan. combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the reserved pineapple juice until blended. Add butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour over potatoes and pineapple. Top with cherries; sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.