Pineapple Sunshine Muffins
Even though my children are grown, they still look for these muffins on Sunday mornings. I put the leftovers, if any, in my husband's lunch for a surprise treat.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, butter and vanilla; stir in pineapple. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in carrot and sunflower kernels.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three fourths full. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 272 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Pineapple Sunshine Muffins in Best of Country Breads
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.