Pineapple-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
This is an unusual way to serve baked potatoes, but if your family is like mine, they'll love it. It's a regular on our menu at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup canned crushed pineapple
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, divided
- Wrap potatoes in foil and bake at 400° for 45-50 minutes or until tender. Let stand until cool enough to handle. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In a small bowl, mash the pulp; add the pineapple, brown sugar, butter and salt. Stir in cranberries and 1 tablespoon pecans. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-12 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 263 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.